Friday, July 31, 2009

Holla

Funny Story.

I haven't made a lot of friends in my LLM program. Actually, I haven't made any friends in my LLM. I don't really know why. I am friendly enough. Maybe it's because I like to sit in the front row. (Look, it's tax. If I don't sit in the front for classes like Timing of Income, I will fall asleep.) Or maybe it's because I have the highest bar number (hence, the newest bar admittee) or maybe because everyone else in my program is middle aged and working. Either way, I have no friends. However, I missed my Tax Research class from last week and I needed some notes in order to do the assignment. So I asked this guy who sat next to me in the last tax research class. He was pretty friendly and sent me the notes.

I ended up sitting next to him in tax research again this week. The first thing he asks me is: "Did you cut your hair?"

Let me stop here for a moment. Throughout my adult life, I have accused of being rather naive when it comes judging whether a guy is hitting on me or not. I just assume no one is hitting on me and a gentleman just wants to make conversation. I had sort of a "friend syndrome." I never wanted to be the girl who thinks that every guy is hitting on her so I just assume if a guy talks to me, he just wants to be friends. After some misunderstandings over the last couple of years, I think I have evolved a little from that. My default is still the "friend syndrome" but I have picked up some signs. Back to the story.

So when a guy a barely know, or even talked to says something about my hair, I get suspicious. Is homeboy really hitting on me? Yes, I think he was. Naive no more. Anyways, I politely say no and thank God that class has started. A couple of minutes later, I see homeboy tear off a piece of paper from his legal pad. He writes something down and the folds it. I'm thinking: "Woah, is homie going to give me his number during class?" That's ballsy. He slips me the piece of paper and I open it. It says: "Sorry to bother you. But you have something stuck between your teeth." I take out lint brush/pocket mirror. I have a huge black bean stuck in the front of my teeth from lunch. Naive no more? Perhaps. Totally moded? Definitely.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Moded, corroded, your butt exploded! I still love you though.

michellewoo said...

He could still be hitting on you! Is he cute?