Friday, December 11, 2009

Law and Stuff

So, I was browsing one of my favorite blogs TaxProf Blog (don't judge, I like tax) and I came across this post publishing a survey that Lexis did called the State of the Legal Industry. The most interesting highlight that it had was this:

"One fifth (21%) of law school students say that based on the changing
legal marketplace, they regret attending law school."

There are a lot of times where I can say that I really do agree with that statement. Sometimes I wonder whether I have sold myself to the devil by going to law school. Being held down with the massive amount of debt from law school, I often feel really trapped in my employment options. It's like I have to be a lawyer, or at the minimum be something that will pay me a lawyer's salary in order to fulfill my potential. It's not like right after college where you have a choice to "follow your dreams" and be whatever you want. Instead of providing a path of shining light to the promise land, I have emerged from law school completely unsatisfied with life, really poor, in massive debt and just clueless. That was soooooo not worth the 30K per year in tuition I paid.

No comments: