Sunday, December 6, 2009

NY Resolutions

I've been thinking about my new year's resolutions early this year. I know it's a little early but since my goals seem to be a bit lofty this year, I'm going to get a head start. Starting . . . NOW. Here goes:

1. Find a job. Finish school. These things kind of go hand in hand so I put them together. If I do not find a traditional lawyer job by my 30th birthday in November, I am really considering leaving the legal field all together. Perhaps it's just not meant to be. But perhaps it is. We shall see in 11 months.

2. Move out of my parents house. As must as I love the parentals, I refuse to be 30 and living in my parents house. That would just be ridiculous. But I must move close enough where Miso can get free doggie daycare services.

3. Sign up for Chinese class. I've been wanting to learn Chinese for the last 5 yrs. This is the year. I will sign up for online class in the Winter semester and learn the Zhongwen. By the end of the year, I will be able to say ni hao ma without Chinese people cringing at my horrible accent.

4. Be pretty this year. I feel like I've been letting myself slide in the girly department. It might be my obsession with fantasy basketball or football but I need to start paying more attention to myself in the looks department. Perhaps some new clothes? A new look? I'm trying to grow out my hair so maybe that will help a little.

I think those are enough resolutions to follow in 2010. I really want to be realistic in my goals so four is all I can really realistically handle. Wish me lucks peoples.

1 comment:

Emily said...

When I saw the title I thought you were making New York resolutions. I had never heard of those!