Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas was fun. We went to my aunt's house and ate prime rib and consumed too much booze for an Asian family. It was nice because I don't get to see a lot of my extended family and it is even rarer to get everyone together in one house.

And now I realize why. My family is loud. My mom is one of seven and everyone lives in either San Francisco or down the Pennisula somewhere. The family is super loud. You know the stereotype of loud Asian families? Well, we totally fit it. Especially when we're boozing. Add in four dogs, things get crazy. However, in all the madness, we are still family and are very close. Along with the shouting and pushing at the food table, there is also a lot of laughter and a lot of warmth.

I really didn't realize how drunk I was until my eyes started to droop at the poker table. Every year, our family has a poker game and every year, I win. This year I was close to breaking my streak due to drunkeness. But I am soldier and I held on. And then I went home and apparently slept in my make up and only half changed into my pjs.

1 comment:

michellewoo said...

Ahh... now I know where you get your loud voice from ;)