Monday, December 8, 2008

Yummy in My Tummy


One of the highlights of my weekend was going to Range for dinner. [Insert shout-out to Anne for picking out the restaurant and making the reservation.] I got to eat an awesome meal and bond with her bf of approximately 8 years.

Here's what we ate:

Appetizer: Seared scallops with some brown orange sauce. So good. Scallops were seared perfectly. Not too raw but not rubbery.

Anne's bf had the coffee rubbed pork shoulder with creamy hominy and braised greens. I had the slow cooked duck breast with spaetzle, mushrooms, turnips and Parmesan broth. Both dishes were excellent but very different. The pork was a lot heavier and richer while the duck was a lot lighter. I liked them both. I would order both again. Additionally, we each had a glass of a cabernet blend from Old World Winery in Sonoma.

For dessert we had a cranberry ginger upside down cake with rosemary ice cream. I really liked the dessert. It was a perfect blend of sweet and sour and salty. The cake had the semi-hardened exterior with a gooier middle part.

I really liked Range. The food is simple and excellent. The service was good and the atmosphere was comfortable. Not stuff at all. A very good date place. I would come again.

I love food. And apparently food loves me too.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Thanks for the shout-out. It didn't sound like someone asked for the shout-out at all.