Saturday, February 14, 2009

V Day

Single People Awareness Day. Happy Hallmark Day. Whatever you want to call it. It's Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, I am spending my V-day at home, in my bed battling sickness. But having this time gives me a chance to reflect about all that is Valentine's Day.

(thinking . . . still thinking . . . )

Fine. Well I will say a couple things that are flowing through my mind.

I'd like to think that I am not jaded about the whole L thing. I'm really not. I'm more of a realist. I feel that, at this point in my life, I really don't have anything to offer anyone. I can barely get my stuff together. I know I will find someone. I just really don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. People fall in love all the time. I will too. . . later.

When I was in L.A. this past week, my friends and I watched He's Just Not That Into You. I didn't know this, but it was a book? I honestly didn't like the movie all that much. It was okay but I didn't like how it ended. I felt like it wasn't realistic. But then again, it's a romantic comedy. How else is it suppose to end? In the movie, there is this one character that is single and absolutely crazy. She puts herself out there and makes a complete ass of herself in the process. I don't know if I would ever go that route. But there is something to be said about finding someone you like. The most cold hearted ice princess won't be able to deny that feeling. It's that sort of rush you get when that person calls. It drives you crazy. It drives me crazy. It drives me crazy that it drives me crazy. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: