Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oysters, Running,and Portable Toilets

I must say that I have had a pretty eventful weekend. Here's a partial recap, if you are interested.

Oysters in Marin

It all started on Wednesday when I went to Marin for some picnic and oysters. One of the most awesome days ever. We drove up to Tomales Bay to get some fresh oysters from Hog Island Oyster Co. (the farm, not the bar). Armed with a dozen (plus one extra!) Kumamoto oysters, we settled on a nearby spot and had a picnic of oysters, wino, bread, and japanese food. Here are some pics:



Here's a close up:

Kumamotos, wakame salad, tuna sashimi/sushi


I just like this picture:



My artistic skillz. I think the knife is a good touch




Running and Portable Toilets



The next day, I started my trip down to So Cal for the Ragnar Relay. I had no idea what I was getting into. It's a 24+ hour race covering about 188 miles. Each team gets two vans and 12 runners. It's basically a relay race from Santa Barbara to Dana Point. We started at 10:00 on Friday morning and finished around 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday.

Even though I only got 2 hours of sleep, slept in a van, and wore the same clothes for almost two days, I had a lot of fun. I would definitely do it again. My only complaint would be the portable toilets. I can't deal with them. I actually fear them. I think it all started with this nightmare I had a while back. I dreamed that I fell into a portable toilet. Ever since then, my heart races when I have to use them. And during this race, I had to use about 4 1/2 of them. The 1/2 is for when I went inside but couldn't pee because the toilet was on a hill and rocked when I was inside.

Anywho, it was an awesome experience. I met some cool people and even got to see Tiffany Amber Thissen (you know, Kelly from Saved by the Bell). She was also running the race.






























I can't complain when I'm running down the 1 and it looks like this:

1 comment:

Anne said...

You know how I feel about the Kumamotos. Yummy! Although, Hog Island to Marin transit time...no spoilage? It looked romantic. I wish I was a third wheel on that trip!