Wednesday, April 1, 2009

B/c I love Corn

As most of you know, I love sports. Espn.com is one of my everyday websites. I particularly look forward to reading The Sports Guy's column. I might have given up on reading his book (I guess you have to be a Bostonian to love it.), but I love his Mailbag (comments and questions submitted by his readers). And since I love sports and corny pick up lines, this section of the Mailbag made giggle:

Q: If I had to pick a worst sports pick-up line about someone on the ESPN staff, it would be: "John Hollinger's playoff odds projects you and me in the finals."
-- Matt, Durham, N.C.

SG: Come on, there's no way that beats, "Hi, I'm the Talented Mr. Roto." But you got me thinking, what would be some other terrible ESPN-related pickup lines? Here's my top 10:

1. "Jim Rome isn't the only one who's burning right now."

2. "How'd you like to make my Mount Rushmore of hook-ups?"

3. "Who's up for a Daily Quickie?"

4. "I'm like Mike and Mike -- I can go for four straight hours."

5. "How'd you like to stump the Schwab?"

6. "Pardon the interruption ... around my horn!"

7. (Taken out by my editors.)

8. "How'd you like to sit on my Budweiser Hot Seat?"

9. "When I saw you, I thought we ... COULD ... GO ... ALL ... THE ... WAY!"

10. "Who's now? You and me, that's who."


I especially love Number 8. Here's the full Mailbag.

No comments: