Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where's the Spontaneity?

Being someone who likes to plan and have an itinerary for everything, you wouldn't expect me to ask the question: "Where's the Spontaneity?" But I am. Where is it? I've/We've lost it somewhere.

Remember when you could just pick up the phone and call someone to "chat?" Doesn't happen anymore. Now, I must make "phone dates." Pre-arranged times to catch up and shoot the sh*t. I even feel like the conversation has to have some sort of itinerary in order to maximize my allotted phone time.

When did our lives become so planned and orderly? Oh wait, it's called growing up and getting jobs/knocked up/married. As we grow older, we just become busier and more responsible. That's just the way it is. But some days I can't help but miss the days where a conversation didn't feel rushed or when you would get together and just lounge. I might just have to plan that one of these days.

1 comment:

michellewoo said...

I know what you mean! Like in HS when you could talk for hours and hours with friends. Our lives are so structured now. There's no adventure. Boo. I miss the good old days.